A 30 second whiteboard animation. Each additional 30 seconds is charged extra at $100. This process involves: storyboarding, a first pass and a second pass. A base rate is provided and additional charges may apply. Each stage will require the client to provide input. Whiteboard animations include illustrations of each scene as well as a hand model or a graphic illustrated hand.
What we need from you
- Brand materials – this is the logo and any information about the fonts and colours that will be used including (if you have one) a brand guide.
- The voice over – someone has to speak over the video and we encourage clients to do their own for a personal touch. We will edit the sound but please try and record it without any background noise in the back.
- The background music – We provide sound effects to the animation but background music will be your choosing. We can suggest some at additional charge or you can find your own to purchase externally and send it to our team!
- The Animation Outline – You need to have a 2-hour consultation with one of our professionals so we can define the animation outline for the project.
We also need you to pay attention to these stages in the development.
We provide storyboards for at least one to three minutes of animation. We will develop your Animation Outline and provide storyboards for you to review. These will reflect what is happening in the animation. We will make suggestions for best practices and let you know what is possible in the timeframe. You may have three revisions of the storyboards. The excess hours will be added to the total bill at the end.
First Pass Stage
Our team will send a first pass version of the animation. This is also called a first draft and we do not expect it to be completed at this stage. For explainers, there might not be any background music (unless it is a lyric animation) or sound effects yet but the voice over (if any) will be added so you can provide feedback on whether the visuals are suitable and if timing and pace of animation is good. You will again have up to three revisions and if we need more, this will be charged hourly. The excess hours will be added to the total bill at the end.
Second Pass Stage
Our team will send you a second pass video of the animations. This will include the background music and sound effects (if any). This is a critical stage and you are encouraged to really look at the video thoroughly so that we can make the final tweaks. Once again, you will have up to three revisions and if we need more, this will be charged hourly. The excess hours will be added to the total bill at the end.
You will receive
- One MP4 video in a 1920 x 1080 format
- A JPEG thumbnail of your choosing from the final video
NOTE: Video files can get large so we often provide this to the client via our Google Drive which is restricted only to the specific client. You are free to share the video to whomever you wish once you download it yourself and place it in your own storage or hosting. The link we provide you will expire within six months so please do not forget to download your file!